I know that some people use Digest Zen on a daily basis in place of prilosec, or other heart burn medications. Also people that suffer from IBS or other digestive issues.
Digest Zen was one of the oils that came in my physicians kit, I have fortunately not had
a reason to try it until this last week.
One of my pumpkins woke up at 2 o'clock in the morning with a tummy ache.
I could hear his little tummy grumbling as he cried, My first instinct was to grab some tums BUT then I remembered I had the digest zen, what a better opportunity to try it.
I put 2 drops on his little tummy and rubbed it in.
Within 2 minutes the pain was gone!! No more grumble tummy, What a blessing!!
My love for these oils are growing daily!!
Here is a review of digest zen if you would like to know more.
Many essential oils have been recognized through research as powerful agents to help restore normal balance in the digestive system. DigestZen™ takes advantage of these well-established therapeutic compounds in a proprietary blend of pure essential oils. Ginger, peppermint, tarragon, fennel, caraway, coriander and anise each have specific attributes which add to the overall efficacy of this potent blend. When used internally, dōTERRA®'s DigestZen brings soothing digestive relief. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Single oils contained in this blend:
- is warming, uplifting, and empowering. It can help influence emotions, physical energy, love and courage. Because it has a calming influence on the digestive system, it can help reduce feelings of nausea and motion sickness.
- serves as an anti-inflammatory to the prostate and the nerves. It is soothing, cooling, and dilating to the system. It can also help with food poisoning, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, halitosis, colic, nausea, and motion sickness.
- is useful in helping reduce anorexia, dyspepsia, flatulence, intestinal spasms, nervous and sluggish digestion, and genital urinary tract infection.
- can help support the digestive function by supporting the liver. It may also help balance the hormones.
- is antiparasitic and antispasmodic. It may also help with indigestion, gas, and colic.
- is antispasmodic and ha anti-inflammatory properties. It may also help with indigestion, flatulence, diarrhea, and other spasms of the digestive tract.
- may help calm and strengthen the digestive system.
A few of the many uses for DigestZen™...
- Add one drop of oil to rice or almond milk and drink
- Bloating and cramps:
- Flavor water with 5 drops and drink
- Diarrhea and other digestive issues:
- Apply topically on the abdomen or take internally by placing 1-2 drops in an empty capsule and swallowing.
- Diffusing into the air with our Lotus Diffuser can help clear up mucus.
- Food poisoning:
- Add 6 drops to 8oz of water. Swish around in the mouth, and swallow. Place 1-2 drops in an empty capsule, and swallow.